7-Night Alaskan cruise – Ethics, Medical Records, and Prescribing Practices – Opioids and Marijuana
7-Night Alaskan Explorer
Round-trip Seattle, Washington
August 08 – 15, 2020
20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
20 ACPE Credits
20.0 Contact Hours (6 of which is the pre-course supplement)
$900 for Physicians, Attorneys, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists
Ethics, Medical Records, and Prescribing Practices – Opiods and Marijuana
- Crossing and Violating Ethical Boundaries and Unprofessional Conduct
- Electronic Health Record, and HIPAA Compliance
- Prescribing Practices
- Medical and Recreational Marijuana (Cannabis)
- Management of Pain and Substance Use Disorder
- Opioid Crisis – Abuse, Diversion, Heroin, Fentanyl derivatives, Drug Prescription Monitoring Program, Guidelines and FDA REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy)
Attendees will learn best practices that will ensure that their ethical knowledge and behaviors meet applicable standards, laws, and regulations. These skills will help improve medical care and help ensure that attendees’ practice conforms to ethical requirements.
Attendees will learn best practices that will ensure that their medical records meet risk management standards, laws and regulations applicable to medical documentation. These skills will help improve medical care and enable more accurate communications between care providers.
Learn proper prescribing practices and how best to document prescriptions for controlled substances. Learn to avoid common pitfalls including: inappropriate dispensing of medications from physician’s offices, prescribing large amounts of narcotics at frequent intervals, or prescribing to family members, friends, or a person with a known history of substance abuse. This course has been developed to enhance the physician’s ability to effectively prescribe controlled medications, while minimizing their misuse whenever possible.
|DATE||PORT OF CALL||ARRIVE||DEPART|
|Sat Aug 08||Seattle, Washington||–||4:00 PM|
|Cruising Puget Sound|
|Sun Aug 09||*At Sea – Cruising||–||–|
|Mon Aug 10||Scenic Cruising Stephens Passage||–||–|
|Mon Aug 10||Juneau, Alaska||1:00 PM||10:00 PM|
|Tue Aug 11||Glacier Bay||7:00 AM||4:00 PM|
|Wed Aug 12||Sitka, Alaska||8:00 AM||5:00 PM|
|Thu Aug 13||Ketchikan, Alaska||7:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Fri Aug 14||Victoria, British Columbia||6:00 PM||11:30 PM|
|Sat Aug 15||Seattle, Washington||7:00 AM||–|
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of the American College of Legal Medicine and the Western Institute of Legal Medicine. The American College of Legal Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- The American College of Legal Medicine designates this live and enduring materials activity for a maximum of 20.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- The American College of Legal Medicine, CME Office has reviewed this activity’s speaker and planner disclosures and resolved all identified conflicts of interest, if applicable.
- • This will be a three-day course for a maximum of 20 hours of CME, 6 of which is the pre-course supplement.