Pain management practices have an especially high legal risk due to the many requirements for prescribing controlled substances and to large potential money damages for pain control malpractice.
Now, for a special discounted fee, you can attend one day specifically devoted to pain management (Saturday) out of the Western Institute’s 2 1/2 day long Prescribing Practices and Management of Pain and Substance Abuse Disorder course.
The course fee ($600) is insignificant compared to the high cost of one criminal prosecution, one licensing board accusation, or one malpractice lawsuit. Let us help you adjust your procedures to minimize the legal risks of your pain management practice.
[btn href=”https://wilm-ed.org/register/” color=”blue” target=”_self”]Register for Pain Management[/btn]
1 day program
This includes an 80+ page fully-indexed syllabus.
- Controlled substances prescribing requirements.
- Treating addicted patients.
- Drug-seeking patients and management of manipulative and seductive patient behaviors.
- Substance use disorder.
- Fraudulent prescriptions.
- Prescribing excessive quantities of medications.
- Clinician storage and dispensing of controlled substances.
- Chronic pain diagnosis.
- Chronic pain medication treatment.
- Chronic pain syndrome and under-treatment of chronic pain.
- Management of chronic insomnia and use of sedative hypnotics.
- Classes of medications associated with increased risk.
- Medications prescribed for psychoactive effects.
Handout Appendices include:
- Prescribing requirements for controlled substances
- Narcotic analgesics
- California statutes on controlled substances prescribing
- Dangerous abbreviations used for medication orders
- Prescription record form
- Patient’s drug preferences questionnaire
- Medication update form
- Tests for non-organic chronic pain
- June 7, 2019
8:30 AM – 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM.
Held in the San Francisco Bay Area, typically nearby the San Francisco International Airport or within downtown San Francisco, depending on the number of registrants. Call for details and for help booking nearby hotels.
$600. Organizations sponsoring multiple registrants should call (650) 212-4904 to discuss reduced tuition fees that may apply.
[btn href=”https://wilm-ed.org/register-now/” color=”blue” target=”_self”]Register for Pain Management[/btn]
This is one day specifically devoted to pain management out of the Western Institute’s 2 1/2 day long Prescribing Practices and Management of Pain and Substance Abuse Disorder course. Physicians will be awarded CME hours for the number of hours actually attended (in this case 7 hours). Please see the CME Accreditation statement from the Western Institute’s Prescribing Practices and Management of Pain and Substance Abuse Disorder course.
The statements and opinions contained in this program are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the WILM Programs. The appearance of the advertisements is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The content of this presentation and publication may contain discussion of off-label uses of some of the agents mentioned. Please consult the prescribing information for full disclosure of approved uses. The WILM Programs disclaims responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas or products referred to in the presentation or advertisements.